top of page


The Town of Roachdale provides natural gas, water, waste water, and storm water services to the residents of the Town of Roachdale and surrounding areas.

Uti​lity emergency information

If you need to report a utility emergency, such as a gas leak or water main break, please call 765.522.1532 to report the emergency. If it is after hours, please follow the prompts on the message to be connected with a utility employee.

Utility Services

To receive utility service, you must fill out an application and pay meter deposits for gas and water service. Anyone renting should check with the Town Office and their Landlord on how the deposits will be made. Once deposits are made, utility service will be established. New customer turn ons are only done during normal business hours, Monday-Friday. Please note that it is a requirement for an adult (over the age of 18) to be present any time utilities are turned on. 

Customers will be charged the minimum monthly amount for water and wastewater when the water is turned on at the meter. 

There is no minimum charge for natural gas. 

Each property in town is assessed a storm water fee of $3.00 each month. 

Current Meter Deposits:

Water: $50.00

Gas: $150.00

gas meter eldon.jpg

Natural Gas

The Town of Roachdale provides natural gas to residences and business within the Town of Roachdale, surrounding residences, North Putnam High School and Gavilon Grain facility north of Town. The Town's gas system was updated in 2012. If you have natural gas service, you must allow for 24 hour access to your meter for readings and in case of an emergency. If you need your gas turned on or off you must contact the Town Office. You should not be doing this on your own. Please IMMEDIATELY report any concern of a gas emergency to the Town Office so that we can send someone to investigate it. Along with the Town's employees being certified in Natural Gas operations, we contract some services to USDI.

Water Meter Lid.jpg


The Town of Roachdale it the water provider for the Town. The system was updated in 2014 with continuous improvements on a yearly basis. We strive to maintain quality water sources at all times. You must allow 24 hour access to your water meter for read and emergencies. If you need your water shut off or turned on you must contact the Town Office to have that done. You should not be doing this on your own. The Town contracts with Utility Management and Construction, Inc. for water system operations. 



The Town of Roachdale is the provider of wastewater services to the Town of Roachdale. The wastewater plant treats wastes from drains such as tubs, showers, sinks, and toilets. Our plant, which sits on the west edge of town, is operated through contract by Utility Management and Construction, Inc. Wastewater billing is based on water usage and the minimum charge will be billed each month as long as the water is turned on at the meter. The Town made upgrades to the system in 2017. 

Prohibited Items List

Storm Water.jpg

Storm Water

The Town of Roachdale made major improvements to its Storm Water system in 2017. This was made possible through grant funds and the Town's storm water fee as matching funds. Each property pays a $3.00 monthly fee. The storm water system is not the same as the sanitary sewer system. The sanitary system carries waste water from household drains, such as sinks, showers, and toilets, to the wastewater treatment plant where it is treated. The storm water system collects water from gutters, roof run off, ground water that is not soaked in, water from the street, and driveways. This water is released in to local waterways and is not treated. As this water is not treated it is imperative that we do not put pollutants into the storm water system. Please see the link below for information on what not to put or allow into the storm water system. Residents can help maintain the storm water system by keeping the drains near their homes free of debris, especially if there is an incoming large rain event. If you feel that you have an issue with your storm drain, please contact the Town Office. Residents should not remove grates or enter the storm drain for any reason. 

Storm Water Information

Utility Billing and Payment Information

Utility bills are mailed around the 10th day of each month and are due on the 30th day of each month.

Utility payments can be made in person at that Town Office during normal business hours, left in the drop box in the front of the Town Office, or mailed. It is the customers responsibility to ensure payment is received by the due date. We are not responsible for payments not received due to delay from the USPS or checks mailed from your bank. 

Payment can be made in the form of cash, personl check, cashier's check, or money order. The Town of Roachdale does not accept credit or debit cards. 

Disconnect letters are typically mailed on the 5th day of each month. Disconnects are typically done on the 20th of each month. If your service is disconnected due to non-payment, you will be required to pay a reconnect fee of $25.00 per utility during normal business hours and $50.00 per utility after normal business hours. An adult must be present for utility service to be turned on. 

Utility Bill Adjustments

The Town of Roachdale will only give utility billing adjustments after a resident completes the proper documentation. These forms are available on the website and in the Town Office. 

Some adjustments require inspection and/or proof of repair. If you are filling a pool you must contact the Town Office prior to starting filling your pool. 

The Town of Roachdale WILL NOT grant adjustments for the following: 

  • Routine and/or occasionally dripping faucets, unattended systems left running, running commodes/toilets, or any other faulty plumbing. 

  • Premises left or abandoned or vacated without reasonable care for the plumbing system;

  • More than one leak occurrence per any 12 month period;

  • More than one pool fill per calendar year;

  • Bills claimed to be lost or not received;

  • Homes under construction or major renovations. If water is used during construction, the contractor should document that the water does not discharge into the sewer system via a separate meter;

  • Failure to provide proof of repair;

  • Requests for adjustments more than 15 days after the billing date. 

Full details can be found by clicking on the Utility Adjustment Ordinance button. 

Maintenance Workers

Currently Hiring

Christopher Holder

Maintenance Operations Coordinator

Maintenance Worker

bottom of page